CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

10.01.2009

30 weeks brings a surprise...



Only ten weeks to go! Actually, it's really about nine and a half. Since we're getting so close we decided it was probably time to finally get started on getting Maddie's room ready. We tore out the huge (and completely nonfunctional) built in to make some room and took the nasty wood paneling off the walls so we could paint. And we didn't like what we found underneath.


Eek! I think the pictures actually look worse than it does in real life. So we've changed back to our original plan of re-doing the whole room. Both of those walls are plaster and we've been wanting to frame and sheet rock them anyway so we'll just go ahead and do it now. It's a little more work and money than we were planning on for right now but I'm really excited. Maddie's going to have the nicest room in the house and it's going to look so good once it's finished!

4 comments:

Kate

or you could leave it like that, I'm sure Maddie won't mind!! :) Nah, it will be great when your done, much cuter I'm sure than my kids will ever have!

Jen Christensen

Yay - look at your belly!
As for the walls, doesn't owning a home bring you so many unexpected challenges in life! Have fun doing the room the right way though -- I'm sure it's going to be beautiful when you're done.

Anonymous

Oh it bet it'll be so nice once you're done! Call us for help! I'd love an excuse to see ya!

Chapples

Sounds like you have a lot to do. Make sure you take breaks it you get tired, don't want Maddie to come early! Good luck getting it done!

Post a Comment