CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

3.20.2010

St. Patricks Day Photoshoot

Check out that beautiful, smiling girl! The weather was so nice on Wednesday, I let Madi hang out outside while Allen was out there. It was probably still a little cold for her but she really seemed to enjoy it. Actually, she always seems to really like being outside. Just like her daddy.
She loves to look at all the new sights and hear birds singing, cars driving past, dogs barking (that one isn't a new sound to her...), the train going by. She is just soaking in each new experience, creating connections between brain cells and firing new synapses.
After outside time we took her inside for some Bumbo time.
We hadn't tried the Bumbo for a couple weeks because she wasn't too keen on it. But she's been doing so well at sitting up (assisted, of course), especially in mom's play saucer, that we decided to try the Bumbo chair again. She likes it a lot better now. She still gets tired and starts to slouch and get grumpy after a little while but she'll sit in it for a lot longer than she used to. She's not really grabbing toys yet, but if I put her rattle on the tray she likes to hit it and make lots of noise. Until it falls into her lap.
This is a "Jim" face for all you fellow Office nuts out there. Remember the first Stamford episode when Karen tells the camera "I'm not sure how well Jim's fitting in here. He's always looking at the camera like this..." And then she does a perfect imitation of the Jim face. And it looks a lot like this.
I swear Madi's sleeping schedule changes about every two weeks. Right about the time we get adjusted she switches it up on us. She's still sleeping through the night most of the time but when she goes down and when she takes her naps is always changing it seems. One night she fell asleep nursing, not unusual. She'd been pretty fussy so I didn't want to try and move her. This was the result.
I know it looks like the Boppy is about to fall off the couch, but fear not. She was totally supported and had been on my lap prior to being placed on the couch for the picture. After the picture she went to bed. This angle just makes me laugh.
Madi still just loves her fingers.
And hanging out in her Boppy.
She was probably talking/singing in that picture.
Here's a bunch more cute pictures I took today. She was hanging out on a blanket on the floor and, using her feet, turned herself 270 degrees! She likes to move it, move it!
Fingers in mouth, as always.
I love this one!
Beautiful.

6 comments:

Mel

Fingers are yummy!! What an adorable lil girl! Babies sure love to switch up things for us parents...got to remind us that they're the ones in charge. hehe

Kate

firing synapses?... i wonder what you majored in Amy :)
But Maddie is a doll! don't worry about the changes in sleeping, if she is anything like my kids they do that all the time, Morgan did that for the whole first year, even though she mainly slept through the night.

Chapples

nice! cute pics as always!

Amy

I've just been doing a little reading in my baby development book and they were talking about why babies heads are so big.

Jen Christensen

Love Love Love Madi's take on the Jim face. It must have been all those hours of watching The Office in utero.

Amy

or now... I mean- I don't EVER let my daughter watch tv.

Post a Comment