CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

4.21.2010

Long Overdue= Super Long Post

I know this post has been seriously long in coming. I feel like I've been super busy. I probably haven't, just still as lazy as ever. First things first... the BIG news. Jessica had her baby! Kit Karen Wilson was born Sunday, April 18th, the day AFTER the baby shower I threw for her. She is 6 lbs 12 oz and 19 inches long and beautiful. Both ladies are doing great.
I won't post the picture of Jessica and me at the hospital. While I think she looks splendid, I doubt she would appreciate it. Kit looks a little bit Asian in this picture but in person she looks a LOT like Jess. And has tons of dark, dark hair! They will be able to come home tonight or tomorrow morning and I'm excited for them to start real life with their little girl! When Jess and I were pregnant at the same time I thought I couldn't be more excited for us to both have little girls but after Madi was born I got 10 times more excited. Knowing how much I love Madi and how much I love being a mom made me so much more excited for Jess to get to experience those things too.
Now, the news on the Madi front. She is just growing so fast and learning so many things! We started feeding her rice cereal right after her last doctor's appointment.
As you can tell, she wasn't quite sure how to react to that at first. I can picture her thinking "Are you sure about this mom? Looks questionable to me..." :) She has actually taken to it really well, so much so that she's already getting TWO feedings of cereal most days. She really likes it and eats it pretty well. Fortunately she still wants to suck so she still nurses just fine.
More messy face pictures.
Also on the subject of eating, we're going to have to buy Madi a sippy cup or something because my mom has created a little drink stealing monster. On Sunday at dinner, mom gave Madi a sip of water from her cup. She kept grabbing her cup so mom kept giving her more. So when we were at Schaugaard's for 2nd Sunday dinner, she tried to steal Jill's cup of Kool-Aid. She was doing it so much, Jill got Madi her own cup of water. Now any time some one is drinking from a cup within her reach, she tries to take it. She even tried to swipe my bottle of Dr. Pepper last night!
Another milestone: Madi can roll over! April 6th Allen had spent the day with her (mom and the fam were in St. George) and when I got home from work he told me "I think she'll roll over tomorrow". I knew she had been rolling to her side some but didn't think she was that close so I just kinda brushed it off. Until he went to school and I put her on the floor- Oh man! She was sure trying hard and she finally did it!

Allen was disappointed he missed it. You might be thinking "How did she learn to roll onto her back if she never spends any time on her stomach?" She didn't! My baby still hates tummy time as much as ever so she learned to roll from back to stomach. She thinks it's a pretty cool trick and gets excited after she's done it, until she realizes that now she's on her stomach, and then she starts to cry. She usually rolls to her right side but she has rolled to the left a couple of times.
Madi's first Easter was pretty uneventful. Since she won't even be able to remember it, we didn't do anything. Grandma did get her a really cute Easter dress, which she wore the Sunday after Easter because of Conference (I forgot to take a picture but I will next time she wears it). Grandma also gave her this fun book.
 You can't see it because of her head but there is a mirror on that page. That's the only way I got her to stay on her stomach that long. Didn't take very long for her to start crying after that.
She did get a kick out of Mom and Dad's easter eggs. Too bad we'd already eaten the candy. I bet she'd have liked them even more if they rattled.
I love that it looks like she's looking inside this one. It really does have a little hole in the top.
Madi did wear this little Easter outfit on Sunday instead of her cute dress.
You can't tell, but the fabric has little Easter eggs on it.
My dad's cousin Jill gave us a Target gift card before Madi was born and I still needed to spend it (first, because I lost it and then second, because after I found it I wanted to buy something good with it, something we wouldn't otherwise buy) so I bought Madi a doorway jumper. GREAT PURCHASE! We've only had it a week and it is by far our favorite baby item to date.
She absolutely LOVES it. She could spend all day in there. She's still a little small, hence the folded towel wedged in there with her. But that doesn't slow her down one bit.

Madi got tons of cute outfits with little hats at all my baby showers but since she's so little, they haven't really fit yet but if I wait too long, it will be too warm for hats. So, since today was a little cooler (actually, not that much cooler than the 70 degrees it's been the last couple days but cool enough) we wore a hat today.

Whoops, she's kind of mad in this picture. She's got a cold and her nose is so clogged she has a hard time breathing. And that makes her sad.
We had a baby shower for a girl at work (who lives up the street, actually) and I made these cake balls from bakerella. The didn't look a thing like the ones bakerella made but boy, did they taste delish!
So then I made Hello Kitty cake pops for the Hello Kit baby shower! (I won't provide you with a link because then you would be able to see how terribly inferior mine are.)
It's not a tumor!
I've been enjoying my sewing machine that I got for Christmas and decided to try another project from Make It and Love It. This time I made a new shower curtain and window curtain for the bathroom. Again, don't look to closely but I'm pretty excited about how cute they are!

New project for over the summer? Paint kitchen cabinets and make curtains to match!

5 comments:

Mel

Busy Busy lady indeed!! Madi is a DOLL!!! My kids loved the door jumper too. I loved watching them...they reminded me of the dancers from Riverdance, their legs flailing all over the place.

Kari

Beck loves the doorway jumper too. We don't have one, but we are borrowing Matt's parents'. I read some info about them once, so you can take it or leave it (maybe you already know it), but I guess they are only supposed to spend 30 min/day in it cause it can mess up their hips. You probably read that cause I think you get Baby Center emails.

Congrats to Jessica!

I should make shower curtains! Thanks for the motivation.

Jen Christensen

I love everything - the rolling, the cute hat pics, the curtains, the yummy bakerella treats, the bouncer, the eating, and Kit too (congrats Jess!). And you say you're not busy, just lazy??? I think not!!!

Chapples

She is just so adorable! Looks like you have been busy! I love love your shower and window curtains!

Aubrey and Chris

You are becoming so crafty. The curtain are sooo cute. And what a talented cook you are. I need to be more creative like that.

Post a Comment