CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

10.09.2010

Spaghetti Carbonara!

I made this for dinner last week. Super yummy but probably not very healthy because of all the BACON! Have I mentioned I LOVE bacon? But, as I cooked this meal I realized I do NOT like cooking bacon. It took FOREVER! I substituted broccoli for peas because my husband said he didn't want peas. I told him we had to put something else in to counter balance all of the BACON!

1 lb. spaghetti (notice I used penne instead. Still good.)
12 slices Bacon, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup milk
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
3 eggs
1 cup frozen petite peas, thawed
1 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese, grated

Cook pasta according to directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup liquid. Cook bacon in skillet until crisp, remove from pan and set aside. Drain all but 1 Tbsp drippings from pan. Add garlic to drippings and saute for 30 seconds. In bowl, combine milk, salt, pepper and eggs with a whisk. Gradually add reserved cooking liquid, whisking constantly. In skillet add pasta, milk mixture and peas. Cook over low heat for 3 minutes or until sauce thickens. Add bacon and cheese. Stir to combine.

Notes: Next time I wouldn't put the salt in because there was PLENTY from the bacon. I didn't measure out my cheese but I know it wasn't quite 1 1/2 cups but this was very cheesy! Not bad, but if you prefer not so much cheese, stick to a cup. Also, it wasn't very "saucy", a little dry, so I'd make more sauce. It also took the sauce quite a bit longer than 3 minutes to thicken. More like 8-10. Not a quick meal but DE-LISH!

0 comments:

Post a Comment