CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

2.05.2011

A greener grocery trip

Have you ever seen that video that shows grocery bags in Antarctica? I couldn't find it on you tube but it's pretty disturbing. There are millions of plastic grocery bags floating in the middle of the ocean and animals that have never even seen a human are suffocated in them. I saw this video a couple of years ago and was appalled and immediately bought a few canvas bags at Walmart to use when grocery shopping. Problem: I never remember to take them with me!
When I went to the ASHA conference I got about a billion free canvas bags. They sat in my desk at work, unused, until Paula suggested I use them for grocery bags. Duh! Now I have enough to leave in the trunk of my car so I can't use my old excuse! I have now successfully avoided plastic bags for two shopping trips! Hooray!

This is one of my favorite YouTube videos. Tim Minchin makes a funny yet poignant argument to help convince you.

1 comments:

Jen Christensen

Yay for being better at using your canvas bags at the supermarket.... Funny vid :)

Post a Comment