Within in the past week, Madi has reached a few significant (for me) milestones. The first:
Her first trip to Cabelas! Ok, maybe this one's not so important but it was fun.
We tested out this cool cot/tent thing. I think Madi liked it.
Other more serious milestones. Madi giggled for real for the first time on Tuesday. She'd actually had a pretty bad afternoon/evening (for her, so still not too bad) but after I got her home from my mom's she was really happy and actually giggled! I got some of the half-giggles on video but don't know how to post video yet so if/when I figure it out I've got a few to put up.
Second milestone, which I'm sure is just a fluke but still makes me excited... Madi slept through the night two nights in a row! She'd never done that before. Tuesday night she didn't eat very well at her last feeding so I was expecting to be woken up in just a few hours. The dog woke me up at about five and I panicked that she hadn't gotten up yet and went in to check on her. She was fine, just asleep with her fingers in her mouth. I actually think that's why she's been able to sleep through the night. She's recently discovered (and LOVES) her fingers and so she can now soothe herself back to sleep if she wakes up during the night. I had Wednesday off so we were able to sleep in and Madi didn't wake up until 8! She slept for ten hours! Wed night Allen and I went to the Fly Fishing Film Tour in Salt Lake and didn't get back til late so Madison didn't eat for the last time until 11 but once again she slept the whole night and didn't wake up until her normal breakfast time at 7! What a big girl! I don't expect it will continue, at least not right now. But I'll take the extra sleep when I can get it!








4 comments:
the email update is wonderful. and if you want to upload a video, you have to use the old post editor i think. i can't figure out how to post a video with the new one, which seems stupid.
Yay! Once Emi found her fingers, that was it... she slept through the night from that day on... I'll cross my fingers for you that it wasn't a fluke :D
And woohoo on the giggles! I love baby giggles :D
yes whenever you can get the extra sleep get it! Hope that means she is feeling better.
Extra sleep NICE!!! Way to go Madi!!
Post a Comment