Or really, a new hair-do.
If you are "hair wise," stop reading right now. I will only tell you things you already know or things likely to make me look stupid. Thank you very much.
I've seen tutorials like this one (look for "rock star curls") a few times and thought they looked interested but figured I never have that much time to spend on my hair so I'd never tried it. Last weekend, I saw my aunt and noticed her hair was in cute waves like this and asked her about it. She shared her methods with me and I was resolved to try it.
SO: if you have curly/wavy hair and are sometimes at a loss for what to do with it (like I am), here's an option.
When I blow dry my hair with a diffuser, it looks something like this:
A little crazy, right? Not really what I was looking for. So, I used this method and wrapped my hair around the curling iron (not using the clamp) to create this:
Much better! Here are some pro's and con's.
CON: My floor is sticky from hair spray residue.
PRO: My hair looks cute!
CON: This is NOT a quick hairstyle (though not quite as time-intensive as some other curly styles I've tried)
PRO: If you only wash your hair every other day like me, it's AWESOME! I took the time to do it Thurs, then slept on it and only had to redo a few sections on Friday morning. And I got LOTS of compliments on it at work (one coworker called it "Sassy!" Good or bad, you decide).
CON: My finger tips are a bit toasty and my arms get quite tired from holding my hair on the curling iron.
PRO: At least for my hair, I don't have to keep the hair on the iron long to hold it's shape, which I like since I don't feel like I'm frying my hair.
CON: I have not tried it on already straight hair.
PRO: I'm sure it would work on already straight hair, but if your hair is curly/wavy, you have an advantage. This is my favorite part. I only have to curl the top layer and a couple of stray pieces that poke out from underneath! Makes the whole thing go a lot faster.
So the next time you are looking for a fun new hair-do, try this out!
12.18.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
cute! do you use product in your hair before you diffuse it?
I typically put in some mouse and a curl defining spray from garnier then hairspray after. I used plenty of hairspray after curling. The second day I used some of the curl definer again before re-curling to bring back some of the bounce.
Post a Comment