CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

9.01.2010

Feeling Crafty!

I was in the crafty mood the other day so I tried something a little difficult for me. I have this dress:
 I bought it right after Allen and I got married, so about four years ago. It's been a good dress but I think I've worn it MAYBE twice in the last year. And the last time I wore it I thought "I'm bored with this dress. I wonder if I could do something with it." And then I saw this tutorial on Make It and Love It where she used an old shirt and some scrap knit to make this dress:
So I found myself an old shirt that was a little tight across the mid section (thank you, baby)

and had a few holes in it.
And proceeded to rip apart my old dress. I took out the seam that separated the skirt part of the dress but I should have just cut it. The dress is old enough/has been washed so many times that the knit just ripped and got lots of little holes in it.
My dress does NOT look like Ashley's, nor will it hold up to even a little scrutiny but from afar it looks pretty good.
I was pretty proud of myself. :)
When it was done I thought it looked a little plain so I used THIS tutorial (again, Make It and Love It) to add a little pizazz to the collar.

7 comments:

Ashley Ziegler

So cute Amy!! I love it :)

Mel

you got skills!! I so need to learn how to sew more then straight lines. hehe

Chapples

Wow I think that is awesome! Great job! You look so cute!

Amy

My problem is that I CAN'T sew in a straight line! That's why you can't look so close.

Molly

Way to go Amy!! I am so impressed. It looks great!! Can't wait to see you next week!

Anonymous

You are awesome!!! This looks so so so good!!!

Kate

oh my gosh, dang your good!! amy I am so impressed, I saw that on Make it and Love it, and thought "that would be fun, but i could never do that." good job! and it looks great don't even doubt it.

Post a Comment